Park Technology (“we”, “us” or “our”) provide mobile and web applications (“Apps”) to clients. In the operation of these applications, we are Data Processors. This policy outlines further detail on our role.
The information set out below under ‘Information we may collect and process from you’ is stored on Amazon Web Services in Dublin, Ireland.
Information we may collect and process from you
We may collect and process the following information from you in accordance with data protection legislation in the UK:
- Registration details including name, email, age, gender and phone number; and
- Information about your use of the Loyalty Scheme including purchases and other information that you give us.
Your information may be analysed to see how much you use the Loyalty Scheme, to understand your purchasing decisions, and to send you information and offers for the products or services which we feel are most relevant to you. We may also use your information to generate aggregate data.
We are required to comply with certain legal and regulatory requirements, and may process your personal data for compliance with such legal or regulatory obligations, to which we or regulators or law enforcement agencies are subject.
Note that if any of your personal details change during your use of the Apps, we request that you update them by accessing the relevant section of the Apps, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and kept for the duration of your use of our Apps and up to a further six (6) months from when you stop using the Apps.
Cookies and similar technology
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that an app or a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to use our Apps and services and will last for longer.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Apps and in the provision of services to you, for the purposes set out below:
Essential session management cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to use our Apps and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, cannot be provided to you. We use these cookies for:
- Ensuring you receive information relating to your use of and progress within our loyalty scheme
These cookies allow our Apps to remember choices or selections you make around functionality features (such as your user name, language selections or region within which you are located) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We also use these cookies to remember changes you make to other parts of our Apps which you may be able to customise from time to time. The information we collect via these cookies may be anonymised and these cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. We use these cookies for:
- Customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Apps for example by storing a location and/or country code and providing users with content relevant to their location and/or country.
Performance and measurement cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Apps and if they get error messages when using the Apps. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our Apps and services work. We use performance and measurement cookies in the following ways:
- Collecting statistical information about how our users use the Apps so that we can improve the Apps and services.
- We employ Google analytics. You can opt out of Google analytics by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and following the instructions.
Some of the cookies used on our Apps are set by us and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of our Apps or services.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
We may disclose your personal information to third party service providers for the purpose of operating the Loyalty Scheme.
Cross border transfers
We transfer personal data all over the world as part of our business operations and in order to provide our products and services. Where we transfer personal data outside of Europe, we either transfer personal data to countries that provide an adequate level of protection (as determined by the European Commission) or we have appropriate safeguards in place. Further information about the transfers and the basis on which those transfers are made is provided below.
We transfer personal data between our group companies and data centres in Europe and USA. Where required, appropriate safeguards are in place to cover these transfers in the form of standard contractual/data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. Please click here for a link to the standard contractual/data protection clauses.
If you would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com
As a result of us collecting and processing your information, you have the following legal rights:
- to access personal data held about you;
- to request us to make any changes to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to request your personal data is erased where we do not have a compelling reason to continue to process such data in certain circumstances;
- to receive your personal data provided to us as a data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where our processing of the data is based on: (i) your consent; (ii) our necessity for performance of a contract to which you are a party to; or (iii) steps taken at your request prior to entering into a contract with us and the processing is carried out by automated means;
- to object to, or restrict, our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- to object to, and not be subject to a decision which is based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or could significantly affect you; and
- to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory body, which at present, is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise any of your rights as set out above, including to withdraw your consent where we have stated we are processing your personal data based on your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org